Work with us as a part-time administrator.
Job Title: Administrator
Job Summary: The LCHS Administrator works in conjunction with the Executive Director to fulfill the mission of the Society. The 16-hour-per-week (two-day) position involves office management, membership and donation management, bookkeeping, reception, sales, and inventory. The position requires regularly adapting to seasonal shifts and needs. Additional work hours (scheduled at the Administrator’s convenience) may be necessary before and after large events/campaigns. Working at three weekend events and a small number of evening programs is required. Forty-eight hours of paid time off annually. Paid training period.
Wage Range: $20-23 per hour.
Start Date: October 15, 2022.
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- all aspects of bookkeeping including but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, tax filings, and financial statements using QuickBooks online;
- preparation and documentation for accountant’s completion of the 990;
- membership data entry and all records associated with members’ involvement using PastPerfect software;
- office machine maintenance;
- tracking inventory;
- fulfilling museum shop orders, and tracking sales and shipping/handling;
- banking and reconciliations;
- preparation work for membership, newsletter, and fundraising mailings;
- correspondence, filing, archiving office records;
- supervision of docents, interns, and/or volunteers when necessary;
- museum visitor reception;
- managing program registration and event ticket sales;
- troubleshooting minor property management and housekeeping issues;
- public relations at Society and community events;
- developing and maintaining efficient office procedures.
Qualifications and Skills include but are not limited to the following:
- excellent oral and written communication skills;
- detail oriented and a high degree of accuracy;
- highly organized and flexible;
- ability to multitask and meet changing deadlines;
- must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision;
- maintains staff/donor confidentiality;
- working knowledge of email, Word, Excel, QuickBooks and PastPerfect membership/fundraising software; We are willing to train in QuickBooks and PastPerfect;
- ability to problem solve – finding answers online or working with software support staff.
- excellent people skills;
- 2 years or more related experience;
- minimum: High School Diploma or equivalent;
- preferred: Associate Degree or higher.
Send a cover letter and resume to:
Little Compton Historical Society
PO BOX 577
Little Compton, RI 02837